Home Forums Worship Music Gear Announcements & Introductions Introductions and First Post

• Author
    Keymaster
    #732 |

Introductions and First PostIntroductions and First Post: This is where it happens!

All new members – please post your first post here. Let us know who you are, where you live and a bit about you. Are you a musician? Worship leader? Pastor? Teacher? This is the place for the Heartbeat Worship family to first meet and get to know each other. Let’s share life and our journey’s together.

To start with… I ‘m Noel Walker, Heartbeat founder. My musical journey started from my early days with my mother and grandmother playing piano and my grandfather playing violin. I played piano as a youth and switched over to drums when I was 14. At 16 I was contributing to two weekly newspapers with a column featuring a top twenty music chart plus record and concert reviews. My first rock concert was in 1970 featuring Creedence Clearwater Revival. My first interview was with Alice Cooper.

My spiritual journey also started at an early age, attending an Anglican Sunday school and singing in a choir. It wasn’t until I turned 17 that I fully committed my life to Christ. I was born in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, and still live in the greater Vancouver area.

I started the Heartbeat company in 2003 with the blessing of my wife. She put up with Heartbeat being based in our home for many years (until we moved into our current office/warehouse). Sadly, she passed away in 2010, before we launched Heartbeat cymbals and percussion. Fortunately, God has blessed me with a new relationship and wife. Together we share this phase of our journey together, and we are blessed.  You can read more about what Heartbeat is all about here: About Heartbeat

I look forward to hearing about your journey!

• jkm601
    Participant

Hello! My name is Jeff Mason, and I’m from, and still live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I play drums at Discovery Church Colorado (DCC). On weeks I don’t play, I run CG, or sometimes teach 2nd grade. I am also one of the personal care pastors serving the worship team. I have been married to me best friend Joanna for 15 years, and we have 2 beautiful daughters, Jacinda (9) and Jillian (7). Music is my passion. I play and listen to a pretty wide variety, but worship music is definitely my favorite. I am excited to be a part of the Heartbeat worship community!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.